Tuesday, April 5, 2011

…Once upon a Saturday PechaKucha

… Yeah… well, I know, I haven’t updated my Blog for a long time and since my last update a lot of things have radically changed in my life. I am looking at my profile here at bloodspot and I can hardly recognize myself… I started over doing photography, but now with the aim to become a professional photographer in some year (we’ll see… it’s just a plan) traveled to Germany, met amazing people there, and cut my hair there… so I no longer have the status “the girl with beautiful hair” )))… that’s ok, I still love my haircut…

So I could write pages and pages about the transformations I was passing through but I would like to concentrate on the very Saturday I went out with the camera and by the evening found myself in the PechaKucha Night Vol 8 carrying the ”I AM A NEWSPAPER” title. Of course, the event was of great interest to me as I am very much related to the field of Mass Media job wise. But my interest was even more triggered due to the fact that I could do my first Photo Reportage of the event and see how I am actually managing it.

I am just a tenderfoot in photography… and even if I know some certain rules theoretically, I am not always using them on practice. It takes time, so I am taking my time ...

So here is the story… the light of the area the event took place wasn’t really favorable for a “tenderfoot photographer”, so I was shooting with flash mainly. Then, one of Armenian talented photographers present at the event told me that I’d rather play with “Stutter”, “Aperture” and “ISO“ rather than shoot with flash. …Fair Enough... So I started taking shots as recommended, and the result was pretty good but they didn’t meet my primary goal to make Photo Reportage of the event as the quality and colors of the photos differed a lot. So the solution here, as to me, was grey-scaling the photos and for the first time in my life I put a little bit of grain in the photo... for the sake of Art :))) 

I don’t know if it’s right or wrong, good or bad… maybe you could tell me.. I would be happy to receive you feedback, on the photos displayed.

...So here is the PechaKucha Night Vol. 8 Photo Story...

A looof of people attended the PechaKucha, at some point it was really hard to find a place to sit.
 The organizers of PechaKucha Night made a welcome speech and talked about making donations for the Japan recent disaster victims.
The speakers started their presentations
....and the audience was all ears... and eyes...


 
While the speaches were going on, some REALLY nice guys sitting in the back probably were a little bit bored of the presentations and they were posing at the camera. The shot isn't the best one, have to admit that, I couldn't help writing about the event and not mentioning them. :)))
 
But some people were deeply absorbed in all the presentations... Oh, and by the way, this shot was taken by Tigran Martirosyan (my beloved) while helping me out with "Shutters"/"Apertures" :))) I think this is one of best shots among all.
The event ended as messy as it started, as that many people attending the now had to approach their friends...
...and share their impressions :)))
PechaKucha Vol. 8 actually helped me to realize that I am not as interested in Photo Journalism as I am interested in Photo Stories so hope my upcoming posts will be dedicated to a Story of a Man…
Special thanks to InterNews for organizing the PechaKucha Night Vol 8, this was one of the best PechaKucha Nights I’ve seen and thank YOU for reading this spot till the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment