Tuesday, April 19, 2011

~Nude~ it happened

Before getting to drawing elephant, I used to be drawing women a lot… and they mainly were naked… so this means I used to be drawing Nudes. I dare say that I am a connoisseur of beauty…  I would even say… beauty goes beyond anything… it’s a value for me…  And doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with the “external design” (as my boyfriend would always say), but rather action, glance, behavior, attitude, the beauty so hidden and so silent insight... that’s what I cherish so much.
I had this FIXED idea of shooting nudes… I was painting them all the time, then I wanted to shoot them, moreover I even started shooting with friends naked… and had nude photo session myself (well not 100 % nude, but rather in renaissance style… quite nice but gone… my USB stick got Kaput) … anyways feeling of shooting a nude never went away and eventually it did happen…
… Still I would have preferred to be alone with the model rather than in the same room with 10 or more photographers, at the class, with fixed lights, studio shooting and everything…  I am not sure if I like that… and plus my camera wouldn’t get connected to the synchronizer… I couldn’t get enough the light, and all the pictures eventually had a lot of noise… but it’s actually good… Noise in this case brings a little bit of art in the photos I took.
Anyways… here is what I selected, unselected then reselected from all the photos I took. I will give numbers to the photos along with titles and will really appreciate your feedback. 

1. the woman
2. she

3. this is how it starts
 4. a woman in grief
5. rest
6.  the making of
7. this was my fav, but I am nto able to rotate it... anyway decided to share it with  you :))) 
8.
9.
I am just a beginner in photography, and I know I am not good yet (Love the word “YET” it always gives hope :)… but with this I’d like to track my progress. 

Oh and, by the way, as for nudes, I don’t feel like shooting them any more… for me now it has become predictably boring to take shot of them... I feel like painting them more…

10 comments:

  1. Inexplicable beautiful! Wonderful...!
    Just adore your style. :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first nu shoot :)))

    i'm not a particular nude photography fan, but i liked your N1 and N7 :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Arpul :))) I like them too together with N4 :))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. not bad ! :) keep trying.
    but try to develop the idea and composition. nude model itself is not so interesting, make some interesting compositions, contrasts and ...and so on :)


    by the way... if you realy need an advice and support, I highly reccomend you to join iphoto.am , there you'll get an honset feedback :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the feedback I highly appreciate it. Totally agree with the composition part... though have to say...it always turns out to something like this when more than 10 photographers/beginners gather at 1 studio and start to shoot 1 model within limited time... some of them with limited light, some of them limitted camera capacities...but anyway, I agree with what you said :))
    Yeah, I know very well iphoto.am, will definately join it! thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes... this I do not understand totally...
    10 people shooting the same thing with the same light.. there shouldn't be enough viewpoints even for three people... imho..
    probably that was just for getting in touch..

    ReplyDelete
  7. exactly my point :))) yeah, that was the practical part after theory, so... at least now I know that I'll never ever shoot a model together with 10 people in the same studio :))

    ReplyDelete