Thursday, February 13, 2014

once upon a Valentine's day


I'm not a huge Valentine's day person, always felt that these kind of public holidays put extra pressure on people and pressure eventually turns into obligation and obligation turns into some sort of nightmare... and the days turns into a gift exchange party rather than celebration of love. Anyway...

Couple of years ago I got a nice perfume from France from one of my French colleagues (I used to work for a French company). The scent of was really nice, sweet but not too much, pretty subtle and at the same time had a lot of character about it, if you know what I mean. It was one of Armani fragrances that I can no longer remember the exact name of.

I wasn't a huge fan of the perfume, I quite liked it, but wasn't desperately in love with it until my husband told me that he loved the scent of it. And, of course, as a regular loving wife I started wearing the fragrance more often than just every once in a while. The more I wore it, the more he would compliment me on the beautiful scent of perfume that I was wearing. And I liked making him happy by wearing the perfume every day, sometimes several time a day.

One day, near the Valentine's day, the perfume finished. And I thought to myself "Wouldn't it be funny if I got another bottle of my Armani perfume and actually gave it to him as a Valentine's day gift"? To me the idea sounded hilarious, because I thought that I was about to buy female fragrance, wrap it up and give it as a gift to my husband on Valentine's day, just because he liked it so much... we would have a good laugh about it and I would end up wearing the perfume. That was the plan.

So I went to the beauty shop on Valentine's day all very excited and happy about my plan and started looking for that Armani fragrance. The shop assistant came up to me asking whether or not she could help me, so I said that I was looking for Armani blah-blah fragrance.

"Oh you won't find it here, let's go to the male perfume department", she says.
"Excuse me?" I couldn't believe my ears.
"Yes, it's a male fragrance, you thought it was a female perfume"? she continues:
"Of course, I did not..." I respond in complete awe and embarrassment and a little disappointment because the plan didn't work out.

Turned out that nothing was wrong with my husband's taste in fragrances and I've been wearing male perfume for a whole year.

I did buy him the perfume anyway.

Happy Valentine's day, everyone! Be loved every day ~

No comments:

Post a Comment