Friday, June 10, 2011

Barcamp ~ Conference for Geeks

So the previous week-end was full of Barcamp. Geeks from Armenia and some other foreign countries gathered to Barcamp together on IT, media, design and general social topics. In comparison with the last years I think this year  I was geeker to actively participate at the Barcamp.
I wasn’t really able to participate in all the sessions I would have liked to, but still some of the sessions I did participate and would like to share my impressions.
Eveything started from the pre-party at Friends BarClub, it followed by night and the opening in the next morning which was pretty cool, a lot of fun and creating the mood for the upcoming 2 days.
Actually I had to leave right after the beginning for couple of hours so I got back only during the Armcomedy presentation. This is actually the session that had the most of the audience. It was a lot of fun... guys were telling about their general activities and their new
NewsՀԱԲ project. The session was so much fun and the project video teaser was even funnier that I can not exactly remember what the project was about :)) so I’ll stop telling about the project here not to give any disinformation
ArmComedy Narek presents...
ArmComedy Sergey presents...
NewsՀԱԲ coming soon
 By the way, once again my warmest congrats to the Armcomedy guys for getting the prize of the best presentation of the Barcamp.

The next session was dedicated to the Armenian Wallie (the Cymeroid)… cute and smart robot able to move, see, detect, follow and do some other things I guess :))
Wallie the Cymeroid
Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of Wallie doing all that because I had to translate the session to a Slovenian friend of mine.

As I am not really a technical person, I really enjoyed media and design related session, as I interact with both of them.
I would particularly like to mention the presentation of Vadz about the Design as Art and Art of Selling, and how much I enjoyed it… within those 30 minutes he gave a lot of useful information on design techniques, problems and challenges. There was a big discussion on the topic as well, so I really enjoy it and got so much carried away with the session that I forgot to take any pictures :))

I really enjoyed the session with BBC journalist Pooneh GHODOUSI about the BBC World News civil journalist.
Pooneh presents...
But the culmination of all the session I attended of course was the Arpik’s “How to date a Geek Girl” session… 
Arpik presents...
You know what I can say for sure is that some of the recommended tips can be used even when you are not geek… I am just saying it from personal experience.
I am afraid I might not be able to fully describe how much I enjoyed the session; I just go ahead reading it here
This was the session that raised a lot of emotions in the audience...
YES!!! say it Arpik, say it :))))
Girls thoughful, older generation sleeping back there... :)
Some guys are really nervous :)))
... and some are making LOVE confessions :))


Arpik presents
There was a comment I heard during the presentation and it totally made my day :))
Quote from a presentation:
"Geek girls are not that kind of ones you can achieve by sending the standard flowers, inviting for a classic café dates. :)"
Here the Slovenian friend of ours asked in rhetorical form. "If we can not send standart flowers, can we at least send pictures of flowers?" :))))))
Aprik, please clarify this part with him, so that he doesn't get into trouble when dating a geek girl :))) 

Opera guy was presenting something technical and here I would definately lie if I say that I loved the session, as didn’t really get much of what he was saying, just was accompanying my muss’ :)))) But judging from the discussions after, I think if was quite informative :)) 
Opera Guy presents...
the audience at the presentation
Geeks discussing/testing after the presentation
Well I didn’t attend many sessions as at some point I was enjoying spending 2 hour talking to Nouneh Sarkissian about life stuff… I really appreciate the insights I got. Thank you so much for that.
Indie Libertines present...
the conference is drawing to its end
Other Opera guy is getting a  Barcamp certificate
Organizing committee photosession
According to the logical flow then was the time for afterparty :)))
the greatest music band for the party
people having fun

some networking
:))
That was definitely one of the best after-parties I have attended… a lot of fun, a lot of networking, a lot of singing and dancing. I was very impressed about the fact that Geeks do not only dance, joke and have fun, but also sing and play musical instruments.

So huge round of applauses goes to the whole organizing committee team for making the conference happen, volunteers for supporting the organizer, presenters for making the nicest content for the conference and the audience for being there and spreading the word after, of course, all the partners and YOU for reading this post till the end :))))

p.s. unfortunately I couldn’t display many photos and talk about more presentations, as I still need an external flash for my camera... a lot of pics were rather poor in their quality...

p.p.s 
Find 3 differences
p.p.p.s.
Happy Muss’ with JUICE (not M***)

3 comments: